Terms of Service
1. Biometrics Ideal Test (or BIT for short) is a website for biometric database sharing and algorithm evaluation. The objective of BIT is to facilitate biometrics research and development by providing quality public services to biometric researchers.
2. Registered users of BIT can download publicly available iris, face, fingerprint, palmprint, multi-spectral palm and handwriting databases and submit their algorithms online for third-part testing and certification free of charge.
3. BIT is technically supported by the Technical Committee on Biometrics of International Association of Pattern Recognition (IAPR TC4). Users need to join IAPR TC4 to assess the resources of BIT. So all registered users of BIT are regarded as the new members of IAPR TC4 by default.
4. The provider of BIT holds no liability for any undesirable consequences of using the services of BIT.
5. All rights of the BIT resources including biometric databases and evaluation services are reserved. Any person or organization is not permitted to distribute, publish, copy, or disseminate these resources.
6. Any research and development works based on the services of BIT should acknowledge the contributions of Prof. Tieniu Tan's research group at the Center for Biometrics Security Research (CBSR), National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR), Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASIA) and a reference to “Biometrics Ideal Test, http://biometrics.idealtest.org/” should be included in the papers or other documents.